“We have a busy surgical department. That’s why we opted for LAF canopies .”
Katarina Mellbin, Head of Operations Carlanderska Hospital´s Department of Surgery
“A maximum of 5 CFU/m³”
After almost 100 years, Gothenburg’s Carlanderska Hospital felt the time was right for a major expansion. In 2017, a brand new annex was opened, including seven operating rooms and a 300 m³ sterile services unit.
“Because we regularly perform orthopaedic surgery, the demands on ventilation in the OR are very tough – 5 CFU/m³ is the maximum allowed. That means LAF is a must. We looked at a few different suppliers, but chose CRC Medical. Not only were their products first class, but they also provided installation and training,” says Katarina Mellbin, head of the surgical unit at Carlanderska Hospital.
At a glance
- 7 ORs and sterile services unit
- Airflow in OR: q= 9,000 m³/h (2,500 l/s)
- Air velocity: v=0.25 m/s
- Canopy diameter: 3,600 mm
- Surgical and ergonomic lighting integrated into canopy
- Air distribution through double layers of woven polyester fabric
- Fixed measurement points for DEHS testing.