”The unique design of CRC’s canopies not only eliminates turbulence at the corners, but also increases efficiency by up to 22%.”
Sture Gustafsson, Project Manager, Sahlgrenska University Hospital.
Protecting patients in 14 hybrid operating rooms.
At a cost of over EUR 200 million, Sahlgrenska University Hospital’s new Centre for Imaging and Intervention (CII) is a huge investment. CII provides ORs for both surgery and guided catheter-based intervention procedures. The building offers nuclear medicine services (with gamma and PET cameras) as well as radiology, computed tomography, ultrasound and MRI.
To ensure ultraclean ventilation, CRC’s LAF-canopies were chosen for all 14 of the centre’s hybrid and intervention rooms. Sture Gustafsson, Project Manager at Sahlgrenska University Hospital, explains, “CRC Medical’s LAF-canopies not only ensure exceptionally low levels of colony forming units, but they’re also energy-efficient. The unique design eliminates turbulence in the corners, increasing efficiency by up to 22%.”
At a glance
- 14 hybrid operating rooms (LAF canopies)
- Sterile services unit, surgical prep room, corridors (HEPA supply and exhaust units plus fluff guards)
- Customer requirement: 5 CFU/m³ or less
- Airflow in hybrid rooms: q= 18,000 m³/h (5000 l/s)
- Airflow in intervention rooms: q= 18,000 m³/h (5000 l/s)
- Air velocity: 0.27 m/s
- Canopy size (example): 4320 x 3120 mm
- HEPA filter class: H14 in accordance with EN 1822
- Rails, surgical lighting and RGB lighting integrated into canopy
- Air distribution through double layers of woven polyester fabric
- Fixed measurement points for DEHS testing.